One of the most established and adored vintage shops in the UK; Prim Vintage Fashion is without doubt one of the best places to shop for authentic vintage dresses of exceptional quality.
Wanna know a little more about us? Here goes;
- Prim Vintage Fashion was born in 2002 by Shona Daly, who took her massive love of vintage clothing and chose to make it her profession
- Growing up, Shona was always madly in love with fashion, being mostly fascinated by vintage fashion; each item unique and with a magical history
- Living in London with her then boyfriend James and their belolved cats, Shona began selling her vintage finds on ebay which was brand new at the time and had very few vintage sellers
- Meanwhile James was working in central London in Retail Management for a global fashion brand
- Shona ensured that she had the most superb stock and wanted her business to have an identity which stood out, so designed the eye popping pink polkadot branding
- Over 5 years Shona acquired a wonderful, large, worldwide and ever growing customer base and made the huge leap of leaving her job as a Visual Merchandiser for a global fashion brand to run Prim Vintage Fashion full time
- In 2008 Shona, James and the cats made another bold leap and moved from London to Norwich to open their first boutique in the cutest independent shopping quarter; The Norwich Lanes
- Within 6 months of arriving in Norwich, their beautiful boutique was open on St Benedict's street and was greeted with a frenzy of followers
- Both Shona and James knew from the start how they wanted the shop to look; fresh, bright and modern, a showcase for stunning authentic vintage clothing
- The shop was a gigantic hit and for 6 years was a cherished and celebrated part of the city; even the polkadot carrier bags were highly coveted
- In 2014, after much hard work and hard thinking, Shona and James made the brave choice to close the physical shop and launch online and specialize in what she loves most; dresses... so now the whole wide world can shop with Prim, hurrah!
Prim has appeared in Vogue, Marie Claire, Company, Glamour, and The Norfolk Magazine as well as being featured in the books 'The Complete Vintage Wedding Guide' by Lucy Morris and 'This Old Thing' by Dawn O'Porter. Prim was listed as one of the 5 best vintage shops in the UK by The Guardian newspaper, it has won ‘best vintage shop in Norwich’ for both the years that the 'Vintage Norwich' awards were running and has supplied clothing for television, theatre, movies, museums and The Oscars.
Shona also works as a fashion blogger, and has her own online journal.
Welome to the wonderful world of Prim Vintage Fashion online, most definitely the best place to find original vintage dresses that will be forever part of your lives.
Prim Vintage Fashion has been featured in;
Television Presenter Nina Nannar wore a 1960's dress from Prim to broadcast live from The Oscars 2014;
Prim won 'Best Vintage Shop' for both years that 'Vintage Norwich' ran the awards;
Photography by the very brilliant Joanna Millington.